The community's growing heath care component has brought access to quality healthcare and opened the doors to Duke Medical Knightdale and Rex Healthcare this past Spring. Knightdale has transformed itself into an attractive place to live, work, play, shop, learn, raise a family, retire or just visit again and again. The convenient location just six miles east of downtown Raleigh, the state capital, offers the best of both worlds: large city amenities with major sports, museums and arts, recreation areas for fishing, boating, and watersports, and a sense of close-knit community that can only be found in a small town. Here you'll find a central location for peaceful living and easily accessible and convenient access to the state's most important metropolitan centers and its beaches and mountains.
- #76 of Top 100 Best Places to Live 2017 by Money Magazine (September 2017)
- #3 Most Affordable Places in North Carolina by Movoto.com (February 2017)
- Tree City USA Community Awarded by the Arbor Day Foundation 15 times (May 2016)
- #1 Most Affordable Town in NC by Smart Asset (March 2018)
- #6 Happiest Cities in NC by Home Snacks (February 2016)
- Top 50 Safest Cities in North Carolina by SafeWise/com (July 2015)